Olympia Water Line Repair
Fixing Water Line Leaks & Clogs
The main line is the primary connection between your home and the public water supply. Which means that if it begins to leak or gets clogged, repairing it is only possible with the right knowledge and the right tools.
The plumbers at West Coast Plumbing Pumps & Filtration has years of experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and promptly repairing main and secondary water lines in Olympia, Washington.
Monitoring Your Main Line for Leaks
Unlike smaller leaks in your home, your main line lies outside of your house and entirely out of sight, making any leak a challenge to detect early on. While a leaky pipe inside your home might immediately yield a visible pool of water near the source of the leak, hidden leaks from your main water line are contained underground and may go completely unnoticed until they turn into a larger problem.
Catch water line problems early with these tips:
- Keep an eye on water usage – While a jump in usage could signify an increase in shower time, a significant jump could mean you have a leak that’s grown into a real problem. But before jumping to conclusions, it’s important to rule out smaller leaks that would be easier to fix. For any kind of leak, however, the best practice is to call up a qualified plumber and obtain a thorough assessment of your home’s plumbing.
- Observe your water pressure – If it seems like your water pressure has taken a dive throughout the house, it could be because water is escaping through a leak in the main water line.
- Consider the age of your pipes – Over time and under any amount of use, every plumbing system experiences a certain level of wear and tear that will eventually require professional maintenance. This means that if the plumbing in your home is original, the likelihood of a leak occurring in the main line or anywhere else increases significantly.
- Look around a recently finished construction – Puncturing a water line through digging or other construction is rare, but it does happen. If the other signs of a leak follow recent construction on or near your property, it’s possible that the main water line may have been damaged.
If you are an Olympia resident experiencing one or more of the tell-tale signs of a leak, give a call to West Coast Plumbing Pumps & Filtration to figure out where your system is losing water.
Seeing the Signs of a Main Water Line Clog
Just as common as leaks and no less troublesome are clogs that obstruct the mainline. While hair or other hard-to-flush materials could be the culprit, one of the biggest causes of clogs to the main water line is, surprisingly, nearby tree roots that have found their way in the main water line.
Whether it’s manmade or a tree-made, there are several red-flag signs of a clog in the main water line to look out for:
- Smells and sounds coming from your plumbing – One of the first tip-offs to a clog forming in your main water line, or any line in your home, is the presence of unpleasant odors coming from toilets, showers or sinks.
- Gurgling and sloshing noises coming from your plumbing – Caused by water backing up after hitting the clog, the sound of gurgling or water sloshing is another common sign that your home’s water lines are blocked.
- Mild clogs and slow draining throughout the home – If multiple drains throughout the house take long to drain, that could mean the blockage is isolated to the main water line.
Professional Diagnosis of Your Water Line Issue
Whether it’s your main water line or a secondary line that’s the cause of your plumbing problems, it’s important to get your entire system looked at by a professional.
For a prompt inspection and diagnosis of all water lines running through your home, contact our Olympia plumbing contractor service today at (360) 979-1491.