Drain Cleaning in Olympia, WA
Providing Fast & Effective Solutions for Clogged Drains
Drains can easily get overlooked. They are hidden away, out of sight, and problems tend to build very slowly over time. Grime and hair get washed into your drain, and microscopic particles can stick together and collect. Eventually, a dreaded clog occurs, leading to some inconvenient plumbing emergencies.
If you're drains are clogged, reach out to West Coast Plumbing Pumps & Filtration. We provide comprehensive drain cleaning in Olympia and the surrounding areas, including, Puyallup, Lakewood, Thurston, and Pierce Counties. We hire the most skilled, friendly, and experienced plumbers to handle your drain cleaning needs. Our prices are affordable and we guarantee our work. If our drain cleaning doesn’t get the results you desire, we will make it right.
What Are Signs You Need Drain Cleaning?
Curious if you need drain cleaning service? Get the insight you need to determine if that's the case in seconds. Don't wait any longer to find out if you're experiencing a blockage and, if so, take the right steps to quickly resolve the issue and restore a properly functioning plumbing system.
Schedule an Olympia drain cleaning service if you:
- Notice standing water in your sinks
- Have sluggish or slow moving drains
- Deal with stubborn and frequent clogs
- Find fruit flies near drainage pipes
- Notice foul odors coming from drains
- Experience clogs with multiple drains
- Use liquid drain cleaner too often
- Hear gurgling or other unusual sounds
- Experience dangerous water backups
- Put the wrong food or items down
What Are the Different Types of Drains?
There are two major types of drains in your average home: primary drains and secondary drains. Secondary drains are visible under sinks, floors, and behind walls. Secondary drains connect to primary drains, and primary drains connect to municipal sewer lines.
There’s also an important distinction to make between waste pipes and drainpipes. Waste pipes are specific to toilets whereas drain pipes carry greywater from sinks, appliances, showers, and bathtubs.
Where do they all go?
- Kitchen and bathroom drains carry greywater past the curved section of pipe under the sink called a “P Trap” and down to the lateral sewer mainline that carries waste away from of the house.
- Drain tile is a type of pipe made of corrugated plastic or clay meant for re-routing groundwater and rainwater to the storm sewer.
- Branch drainage lines connect drains to soil stacks, and soil stacks move solid waste vertically to the lateral sewer line. The clean out is an access point for sewer cleaning. The sewer clean out is used by plumbers to access the main line easily without having to dig a trench. This is important when inspecting lines for damage or buildup that may be causing a backup in the house.
All of the primary and secondary drains in your house lead ultimately to the municipal sewer where it is then transported via a complex network of pipes to Olympia's water treatment plant. Drains may seem insignificant, but they play a major role in keeping contaminated water heading in the right direction. And with the help of things like vents and traps.
Our plumbers in Olympia service all types of drains including:
- Bath and shower drain – Whether you have a shower, tub, or combination of both, slow draining or stopped drains can be quite common. We’ll eliminate the clog deep within your pipes to ensure that built-up substances like hair and soap are eliminated. These can sometimes require plumbing repair, but we always do everything in our power to clean a drain before discussing potential repairs with you.
- Bathroom sink drain – We can retrieve items you may have lost in the sink or perform drain cleaning in order to relieve your sink of clogs caused by hair, toothpaste, and other similar factors.
- Toilet drain – We’ve got the tools and experience necessary to solve any toilet drain problem you may encounter. These are most often related to the flushing of items not suitable for toilet drains, and our plumbers are well equipped to tackle these incidents.
- Floor drain – Many older bathrooms and other structures are outfitted with floor drains. These can require regular cleaning in order to function properly. If you’ve had a trap malfunction it can cause odors, and a clog can cause a backup. Our plumbers in Olympia are skilled at identifying the issue and repairing it in both residences and commercial properties.
- Kitchen drain – Food waste and cleaning product residue can lead to clogged drains causing backups and even drain fly infestations. We can eliminate drain flies and get your kitchen sink or garbage disposal draining smoothly again.
What are the Benefits of Hydrojetting?
Hydrojetting is a powerful and effective method of cleaning and clearing pipes and drains using high-pressure water.
Here are some of the benefits of hydrojetting:
Effective Cleaning: Hydrojetting is highly effective in removing various types of blockages and debris from pipes. The high-pressure water can break down and flush away grease, sediment, scale, roots, and other obstructions that may be clogging the pipes.
Versatility: Hydrojetting can be used on various types of pipes and plumbing systems, including residential, commercial, and industrial. It is suitable for cleaning sewer lines, storm drains, and other types of plumbing pipes.
Environmentally Friendly: Since hydrojetting uses only water without the need for chemical cleaners, it is considered an environmentally friendly option for cleaning pipes. It reduces the use of harsh chemicals that can be harmful to the environment.
Preventative Maintenance: Regular hydrojetting can serve as a preventative maintenance measure. By cleaning out pipes before major issues arise, you can help prevent future blockages and extend the lifespan of your plumbing system.
Cost-Effective: While hydrojetting may have an upfront cost, it can be a cost-effective solution in the long run. It can prevent the need for more expensive repairs that may be necessary if blockages are not addressed promptly.
Removes Bacteria and Odors: The high-pressure water used in hydrojetting not only clears blockages but also helps eliminate bacteria and odors that may be present in the pipes. This can result in a cleaner and more hygienic plumbing system.
Time Efficiency: Hydrojetting is a relatively quick process compared to some alternative methods of pipe cleaning. The high-pressure water can quickly and efficiently remove blockages, minimizing downtime for your plumbing system.
Long-Term Solution: Unlike some temporary fixes, hydrojetting provides a more long-term solution to pipe blockages. It addresses the root cause of the problem by thoroughly cleaning the pipes, reducing the likelihood of recurrent issues.
Safe for Pipes: Hydrojetting is generally safe for pipes when performed by trained professionals. Unlike mechanical methods that may cause damage to pipes, the high-pressure water is less likely to harm the integrity of the plumbing system.
It's important to note that while hydrojetting offers many benefits, it should be performed by trained professionals to ensure proper safety and effectiveness. Additionally, it may not be suitable for all types of plumbing systems, so it's essential to consult with experts to determine the best approach for your specific situation.
Our Process For Olympia Drain Cleaning
At West Coast Plumbing Pumps & Filtration, we follow a proven process for unclogging and cleaning your drains. Our skilled Olympia plumbers have the tools and experience necessary to accurately diagnose drain issues and to create customized solutions. We fully explain your options before doing any work, so you can make informed decisions.
We offer the following Olympia drain cleaning services:
- Locating drain pipes & septic systems
- Video inspections with recordings
- Drain repairs and installation
- System upgrades
- VFD pumps systems and electrical controls
- Locating leaks
- Bermad control valves
- Programming Baldor smart motors
- Long-term operations and maintenance
- Sewer lift stations both effluent and grinder pumps