When the Drain Stops, Everything Stops
It’s hard to know how much waste a typical household sends down the drain. That is, until the sink, tub, or toilet becomes a reservoir rather than a pit-stop.
Becoming too conscious of what we throw away is never pleasant, which is why keeping drains and other avenues for waste free and clear of obstacles is critical to our sanity. Oh, and it’s healthier to maintain sound plumbing systems!
Surprising Facts About Tacoma’s Household Drains
- The average Tacoma household uses approximately 200 gallons of water per day. 95% of that is sent down the drain! That’s a big load, especially for old pipes.
- The biggest wastewater mover is the toilet drain, especially in older systems that send anywhere between 2 to a whopping 7 gallons per flush to the treatment plant.
- Not cleaning household drains can encourage the growth of pathogens and harmful bacteria, not to mention icky smells in kitchens and bathrooms.
- “Over-the-counter” drain cleaner is both ineffective and dangerously toxic. Do yourself a favor and get to know your local plumber. They know all the tricks of the trade to actually remove the clog with drain sticks, inspect and clean your drains using advanced equipment, and make sure that no damage has occurred as a result of a long-time clog.
- Drains are nowhere near bulletproof. Invest in a few simple, non-toxic items that will save you the hassle and potential embarrassment of having to deal with a dirty or clogged drain:
- A Drain Stick
- Sink Plunger
- Hair stoppers for the bathroom sink and shower
- Food/debris strainer for the kitchen sink
Send Your Worries Down the (Clean) Drain!
For expert drain cleaning service that helps keep your home healthy and functional, call West Coast Plumbing. We take good care of your kitchen, bath, toilet, and floor drains with guaranteed results.
If you’re curious about what we do:
- Drain pipe & septic systems
- Video inspections with recordings
- Perform repairs and installation
- System upgrades
- Pump stations & new electrical panels
- VFD pumps systems & electrical controls
- Power Jetting
- Leak Locating